“If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.” – Doug Larson
Ah, good old English…
- “…that that…”
- There’s pa-hurt pr-hurt fu-hurt but pa-ate pr-eat fu-eat…???
- A “verb” is a noun.
- Vegetarians eat vegetables, and humanitarians eat….
- Fat chance = slim chance
- A house can burn up, burn down and burn out.
- No egg in eggplant, no ham in hamburger.
- We’re told to get on the plane, but we get in the plane…?
- A fly without wings is a walk…?
- “If the goal in flying is to get there safely, why is your destination called a “terminal“?“
- Too long to show
Just think about it.
Quote taken from here.